The new Softshell jacket draws on over six years of development and testing to create a winter jacket versatile enough to meet the needs of the most demanding cyclist, covering a broad range of temps and conditions. We started with an entirely new pattern, working to balance a trim, flap-free fit, with room to layer and full mobility and comfort.
We drew inspiration from touring motorcycle jackets and their shaped sleeves, articulated shoulders/chest and curved back. The result is a silhouette that effortlessly fits in the riding position.
We partnered with eVent, a leader in high performance membranes, to develop our proprietary three-layer softshell, incorporating their Direct Vent stretch membrane with Primaloft performance yarn backer and durable stretch woven and DWR treated face. The result is a truly breathable softshell that has the ability to manage moisture and keep the internal climate warm, but dry -- a critical equation for long winter miles. Designed for temperatures from freezing to 50F/10C and capable of warding off all but the most torrential downpours, thanks to it’s 10K waterproof membrane, it’s a one-jacket solution to winter riding. And, by combining the Softshell with our Alpha Long sleeve, the two-piece system easily covers the bravest of souls comfortably down to the single digits (without the risk of breaking a sweat).
- Proprietary eVent/Primaloft softshell membrane: exceptional breathability & moisture management
- Light weight 210gsm fabric balances protection from the cold with layering versatility
- 3D patterned and preshaped for superior fit and comfort on the bike
- Redesigned fit for better mobility and layering options
- Fully featured: three large back pockets plus 1 zippered pocket
- YKK Vislon zippers throughout
- Low profile sleeve cuff easily fits over or under gloves for air-tight yet unrestricted fit
- Composition: 76% Polyamide / 12% Elastane / 12% ePTFE