- New durable tear-proof paper!
- Over 50 trail bike lane and pathway revisions!
- 12 miles of new trail access!
- 10 miles of new pathways
- Better wayfinding and route markings
- Revised bike safety tips
- Updated park and public works contact information
- E-bike park rules and regulations
- Most comprehensive map of Marin’s abundant pathways, bike routes, trails and fire roads
A Little History About the MCBC Marin Bicycle Map
Local bike legend Joe Breeze created the original edition of this map back in 1998 and tackled a major revision to give us the current version – adding relief shading to reveal Marin’s contours, updating trail and route information and featuring newly designated countywide bicycle routes. The current map is also larger, water resistant, and includes more of West Marin in detail.
MCBC recruited world-renowned graphic artist and Marin cyclist Michael Schwab to create a brand new cover. Michael’s other work includes the Golden Gate National Parks series and the 2007 San Francisco All-Star Game series.
Sure, it seems like everyone has a smart phone or tablet these days, but a map always works, never needs batteries and is just the thing for that “big picture” view.