Shimano's Ultegra Brake Calipers feature lightweight, stiff, cold-forged aluminum arms and a symmetrical dual-pivot design with twin bearings for smooth, easy operation with modulation and power to spare. Direct Mount design integrates the brakes with the frame for improved aerodynamics and increased braking power. Pair them with Shimano's Ultegra polymer-coated brake cable and scrubbing speed feels almost effortless. Setup is fast and simple with cartridge brake pads equipped with conical washers.
This is the Ultegra BR-6810 Direct Mount Rear Brake. The Ultegra series is "pro-proven" as it is a direct trickle down from the Dura Ace group. It stands for state-of-the-art technology, proven in pro races, the technology used in the Ultegra 6800 series with 11 speed.
- Direct-mount brake compatible frame required
- No barrel adjuster, see CA1088, sold separately
- Spring tension adjustment for custom brake feel
- Adjustable toe-in shoes with R55C4 pads
- SLR-EVO dual symmetric pivot brake caliper
- Short arms and dual bearings reduce friction at the pivot area
- Use of these calipers with standard SLR enabled STI and brake levers results in a "mushy" brake response
- Enhanced brake arch proportion for quick & predictable linear response
- Compatible with STI and brake levers that are SLR-EVO or Super SLR enabled (e.g. Dura-Ace 9000, 7900, Ultegra 6800, 6700, 105 5700, Tiagra 4600)
- Integrated design. Lower profile caliper design with aerodynamic shape
- Greater braking power modulation. Direct mount on fork, direct mount on chain stay.
- SLR with 2 axle symmetric brake caliper.
- In-line cable adjuster with Quick Release (SM-CB90).
- Brake shoe compound (R55C4).
- Adjustable toe-in brake shoes.
- Spring tension adjuster
- Color: Gray
- Brake Usage F/R: Rear
- Hub/Brake Compatibility: Rim Brake
- Brake Type: Road Caliper - Short Reach - 39-49mm
- Brake Lever Actuation: Short Pull Super SLR
- Weight: 168g (Front), 165g (Rear)