We tapped into everything we’ve learned from years of making the highest quality carbon full-suspension bikes and added the super-efficient Superlight™ suspension to make a World Cup-winning XC race bike. The Blur isn’t guaranteed to make you a race winner but being the lightest, full-suspension carbon XC bike we’ve ever made, it might be the difference between claiming first place...or just crossing the line.
- SRAM Eagle Transmission - stronger, better shifting, wirelessly: The next generation SRAM Eagle Transmission specced on our CC-carbon models is a radically robust, fully integrated and interdependent wireless transmission. Built around the universal constant of the wheel axle itself, the Full Mount hangerless attachment creates a far stronger connection to the frame and the super strong derailleur provides unprecedented strength. Shifting under load is made possible due to a combination of X-SYNC technology and cassette mapping, creating seamless shifts even during your hardest power output. The new AXS Pods are extremely ergonomic and highly customizable, so shifting gears is light and intuitive. It's simply the most advanced transmission and nearly as tough as the mountain itself.
- XC or TR: The TR builds feature more travel (115mm rear, 120mm front) slightly beefier tires (Maxxis Rekon), a full height adjust dropper post, no lockout remote, and larger brake rotors. It's not a trail bike, it's a XC bike for certain courses.
- Light Carbon Frame: The full-suspension Blur is lighter than most pre-race dinners you'll eat - 289g saving over previous generation.
- Reserve 28 XC wheels: This is the lightest Reserve MTB rim (385g or 1367g complete). The rim bed is shallower and wider, meant for the newer generation of higher volume XC tires which are popular with elite racers.
- Geo to match: The Blur's chainstay length is matched to frame size so every rider, no matter their height, gets the same balanced geometry and bike fit.
- Two water bottles: Two water bottle mounts within the front triangle mean there's enough juice (or whatever electrolytes you choose) to keep the engine running.
- No proprietary gubbins: There's no fiddly proprietary parts that could leave you stranded in a Cape Epic or Breck Epic campsite.
- Made to last many lifetimes: The legendary Santa Cruz fit, finish and quality construction put this into a league of its own. The frame, bearings and optional Reserve wheels come with a lifetime warranty and any service is easy to do with our Rider Support pledge.
- Chainguide: The only thing you'll be dropping is your competitors
Carbon C 29" 100mm Travel Superlight™
|Fork||FOX 34SC Float Performance Elite,
|Rear Shock||FOX Float Performance Elite, 190x45|
|Rims/Wheels||Reserve 28|XC 29"|
|Hubs||Industry Nine 1/1, XD, Centerlock|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon Race 29"x2.4"WT, EXO|
SRAM GX Eagle DUB T-Type Crankset
SRAM DUB 73mm MTB Wide BB
SRAM GX Eagle T-Type, Flattop, 12spd
SRAM GX Eagle AXS T-Type, 12spd
SRAM GX Eagle T-Type, 10-52t
SRAM AXS Pod Bridge
Santa Cruz Carbon Flat Bar, 31.8x760,
|Grips||ESI Chunky Grips|
SRAM Atmos Stem, 60mm
|Brakes||SRAM Level Bronze Stealth 4-Piston, Avid Centerline, Centerlock, 180mm Rotors|
WTB Silverado Medium, CroMo
FOX Transfer SL Performance Dropper, 31.6