A robust, lightweight, form-fitting gravity mountain biking shoe that’s ready to race. A solid, lightweight, form-fitting gravity mountain bike shoe that is ready to race.
- When setting out to develop a race-ready gravity MTB shoe, the feedback we received from top professional athletes was pretty clear: both downhill and enduro racers alike desire a protective and durable shoe to enhance bike control through the pedals.
- But beyond control, they also wanted the lightweight performance and precise fit found in a more performance- oriented pair, a combination lacking in most shoes for gravity mountain biking. So we went to the drawing board to create a unicorn: A lightweight and nimble, yet rugged, racing shoe that checks all the boxes desired by competition-leading downhill and enduro MTB riders.
- Let’s start with the outsole. Together with your hands on the handlebar, feet are a crucial point of contact when it comes to bike control. The Gravita outsole provides the type of shoe-to-pedal interface you need for fast and aggressive gravity riding, combining the stickiest Vibram XS Trek Evo rubber compound with a specific zonal lug pattern. A low-profile tapered tread pattern positioned at the mid-foot allows for an immediate connection and optimal mechanical interface with the pedal pins, while under the heel and toes, a deeper, sharper tread provides better ground traction when hiking back up the hill.
- This clip-in version is stiffer than its flat counterpart for better power transfer through the entire pedal stroke, improving pedaling efficiency. Featuring an extended cleat track, the clip-in version enables you to run your cleats further back to allow for dropped heels on descents to improve both stability and control, just as you would when riding flats pedals.
- Both downhill and enduro racing stand out for their short, intense and powerful pedal strokes, whether sprinting out of the start gate or approaching the finish line. Providing proper foot tension and fit is essential to effectively transfer every useful watt of power generated. To avoid wasting watts, we leveraged our decades of design experience and knowledge in creating properly fitting cycling shoes. For the Tensor, we developed an ergonomic lace-up pattern that cradles the foot and spreads tension evenly throughout the pedal stroke. A Powerstrap over the instep secures the fit, stabilizing the plantar arch and locking the heel in place while also keeping laces in check.
- Intentional engineering went into stripping weight and eliminating the excess material that would otherwise lead to the bulky look and sloppy fit of typical gravity shoes. To avoid this, the Tensor features a slim silhouette and minimal weight provided through the use of innovative rip-stop outer fabrics and an inner lining that is far less absorbent than traditional alternatives.
- In addition to these durable and hard-wearing fabrics, our gravity racing shoe is equipped with the essential protection demanded by fast and rowdy riding: an injection-molded TPU armoured toe-box wards off rocks and debris while the raised inner-ankle profile and a robust laminated scuff guard protect along high-wear areas.
- Ripstop fabric + TPU reinforcements upper
- Laces + instep velcro closure
- X6 outsole – nylon shank, EVA midsole, Vibram XS TREK EVO tread
- Outsole stiffness index 5
- Weight: 410 g (size 42- 1/2 pair)
- Gravita: gravity series, designed to take you down the mountain, fast and in control
- Use: Downhill, Enduro