This latest iteration of the Trail 429 is evidence of our constant quest for peak performance. We’ve broadened its capabilities without sacrificing its legendary sharpness: slackening the head angle just enough, increasing the reach, and introducing a flip-chip to allow fine tuning of the geometry toward either the rowdy or racy ends of the spectrum.
Is it possible for a bike to be both razor sharp and butter smooth? Yes. The Trail 429 is proof. In order to wring every drop of potential out of 120mm, we’ve reworked the already stellar dw-link suspension to provide a more bottomless feel and allow for a greater range of tunability. The Trail 429 combines rocket ship pedaling performance with a plushness that genuinely feels like more travel than the numbers indicate.
Through continued evolution of our proprietary Hollow Core carbon frame construction, we carved more than 300 grams from the chassis, achieving an XC-race frame weight with incredible all-mountain strength and stiffness, on par with dedicated flyweight race bikes.
- Refined geometry exemplifies the pinnacle of modern race-to-trail performance
- New, more progressive dw-link® prioritizes pedaling efficiency yet still rewards riders with plush, controlled travel
- 120mm rear suspension travel featuring a vertically trunnion mounted high-volume air shock delivers unprecedented comfort and tunability
- Flip chip adjustability allows riders to tailor geometry for either spirited all-round handling or a more progressive and rowdy demeanor
- Hassle-free, full-length, internal cable routing with Pivot’s easy to service and ultra-quiet Pivot Cable Port System
- Fits riders between 4'10" and 6'7” with X-Small to X-Large size offerings
- Pivot’s full carbon frame feature size-specific ride tuning, leading edge carbon fiber materials and Pivot's proprietary hollow core molding technology to ensure that every rider from 4'11" to 6'7" has a bike that feels perfect and performs at the optimum level for their size
- Pivot Tool Dock system compatible with mounts under the top tube and integrated into the underside of the frame
Fox Factory 36 29", GRIP2 - 140mm
Fox Factory Float X
|Rims/Wheels||Reynolds Blacklabel 309/289|
Industry Nine Hydra hub
15x110 F/12x157 R
Maxxis Dissector 29" x 2.4" WT, TR, 3C, EXO, MAXXTERRA
Sram X0 Eagle DUB
|Bottom Bracket||Sram DUB|
Sram X0 Eagle Transmission Flattop 12-Speed
Sram X0 Eagle Transmission 12-Speed
Sram X0 1295 Eagle Transmission 10-52t
Sram AXS Pod Controller
Phoenix Team Low Rise Carbon - 780mm
Phoenix Factory Lock-On
Phoenix Team Enduro/Trail
Sram G2 RSC 4-piston w/ ram Centerline Centerlock - 180mm Rotors
Phoenix WTB Volt Pro (Medium Width)
Fox Transfer Factory Series 125mm (XS), 150mm (SM), 175mm (MD), 200mm (LG-XL)
*Product specifications are subject to change without notice.