The Ultegra PD-R8000 +4 SPD SL Pedals from Shimano are identical to the standard Ultegra pedal which borrows heavily from its range-topping Dura-Ace PD-9100 providing many of the pro peloton's fastest riders with a secure connection to the bike. The difference is a 4mm longer axle bringing the pedal's center from 52mm to 56mm allowing riders with wider hips the ability to achieve proper knee and foot alignment. Otherwise, it’s the same wide platform, lightweight, carbon composite body offering easy clip-ins and harnessing all the watts you care to dole out. The huge platform also makes all-day pedaling more comfortable as it better distributes pressure reducing the likelihood of hot spots on your feet. And for you crit racers out there, you'll appreciate the low profile design and 33-degree road clearance allowing for harder cornering and letting you get back on the gas quickly.
On top of the pedals are durable stainless steel plates that prevent wear to the pedal body, and provide a smooth surface for the cleats to interface ensuring smooth float. A wide bearing stance better distributes the load so bearings last longer and roll smoother. As we're accustomed to with Shimano road and mountain pedals, the adjustable entry and release tension let you customize it to your preference giving you confidence if you're a first time user or a sprinter that prefers it bear trap tight.
The pedal's stack height is an impressively low 10mm from the body to the axle's center which is 0.7mm lower than the 6800's and they hit the scales at 248-grams. The pedals include the SM-SH11 6-degree float SPD-SL cleats for 3-bolt shoes and all the necessary mounting hardware.
- Pro-level quality pedal at a self-sponsoring price
- 4mm longer axle offers a wider q-factor for more fit options
- Wide carbon body offers stable pedaling
- Steel body plates increase durability and offer smooth float
- SPD-SL cleat fit 3-hole road shoes
- Adjustable entry and release tension
- Material: [body] carbon composite, [spindle] chromoly steel
- Float: 6-degree
- Cleats: Shimano SDP SL
- Entry / Release: Adjustable
- Spindle Diameter: 9/16in
- Pedal Wrench Type: 8mm
- Compatible Components: 3-bolt
- Claimed Weight: 8.7oz (248g)
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years