The Tallboy has earned a loyal following amongst those who seek a go-to bike that will hold up to the relentless hammering of "power hour" hot laps or long days in the saddle harvesting the best trails.
Chainstay length and seat angle are matched to the frame size (STA steepens and rear centre grows as frame size increases) so that every rider, no matter what height, gets the same balance of geometry and handling characteristics.
We tailor stiffness for every size to make sure everyone gets the same ride quality. Bigger riders means greater stresses on larger frames, but that's remedied with our size-specific frame stiffness tunes.
- We mimicked our longer travel geometry to create a bike with a 65.5-degree head-angle, generous front center, and short offset fork.
- 120mm of lower link-driven VPP suspension is designed to handle tough climbs and yet still take on high-speed descending.
- The reduced rolling resistance and larger footprint of 29-inch wheels inspires confidence and helps riders cover ground efficiently.
- Proportional Geometry: seat tube angle steepens and rear center grows as frame size increases.
- Glovebox: Stows all your essentials so you can ditch the pack on your lunch laps or always be ready with the fix.
|Fork||FOX 34 Float Factory, Grip2, 130mm|
|Rear Shock||FOX Float Factory, 190x45|
|Rims/Wheels||Reserve 30|SL 29"|
|Hubs||Industry Nine Hydra, XD, 6-Bolt|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 29"x2.4"WT, 3C, MaxxTerra, EXO|
|Crankset||SRAM XX SL Eagle DUB T-Type Crankset|
|SRAM DUB BSA MTB 68/73mm, 4.5mm spacer|
|Chain||SRAM XX SL Eagle T-Type, Flattop, 12spd|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM XX SL Eagle AXS T-Type, 12spd|
|SRAM XX SL Eagle T-Type, 10-52t|
|Shifters||SRAM AXS Pod Ultimate Bridge|
|Handlebars||Santa Cruz 35 Carbon Bar, 800mm|
|Grips||Santa Cruz Bicycles House Grips|
|Stem||Industry Nine A35, 40mm|
|Brakes||SRAM Level Ultimate Stealth 4-Piston w/ SRAM HS2 180mm Rotors|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Medium, Ti|
|Seat Post||OneUp V2 Dropper Post, 31.6|