New for 2020, the PUBLIC V9-AL (Aluminum) is your go-anywhere, do-anything commuter bike with unbeatable value. The V9-AL is a sleeker version of our popular V7 model and our lightest-weight diamond frame to date. This svelte, lightweight commuter sets itself apart from other models with PUBLIC premium aluminum tubing and an improved, commuter-focused geometry that offers the perfect balance of performance and comfort.
The Shimano 9-speed drivetrain provides a wider range of gears that allows you to transition from navigating city streets to conquering even steeper hills with ease, and the Rapid-fire trigger shifter provides quick, effortless shifting. The V9-AL is equipped with commuter-tested riser bars for responsive handling, our Premium Sport Saddle, and leather-like premium bolt-on grips for instant comfort.
To keep this bike trim and sleek, we nixed the fenders, chainguard, and kickstand altogether. Weighing just 25lbs, the PUBLIC V9-AL is 20% lighter than our average steel bike. The V9 is tough enough to serve as your daily commuter and the weight savings make a big difference when you’re carrying the bike up or down stairs. Lastly, rack and fender mounts are included so you can let the bike do all of the heavy lifting, rain or shine.
Light and fast, the V9-AL is made for the urban commuter with a need for performance.
- Frame: PUBLIC premium aluminum tubing, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Fork: PUBLIC hi-tensile steel unicrown fork, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Saddle: VELO PUBLIC Premium Sport Saddle, 153mm wide, chromoly rails, with brass rivets
- Grips: VELO PUBLIC Slender Grip, leather-like, full-length, with alloy clamps
- Stem: Kalloy forged alloy quill stem, 25 degree rise, 25.4mm clamp
- Pedals: Wellgo M149 full alloy platform and cage, 9/16" axle
- Handlebar:PUBLIC alloy riser handlebar, 610mm wide, 15 degree backsweep, 35mm rise
- Seat Post: Kalloy alloy micro-adjust with integrated clamp, 27.2mm
- Shifter Shimano Altus Rapidfire trigger shifters, 9-speed index
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus 9-speed
- Crank: Lasco alloy crankset 170mm, 39 tooth chainring with outer chainring guard, square tape
- Cassette: Shimano 9 speed HG201 11-34 tooth cassette
- Brakes: Promax cold forged, high polish, alloy dual-pivot caliper, with alloy 4 finger lever
- Tires: Kenda Kwest, 700x35c
- Tubes: Presta, 48mm valve
- Rims: Painted to match, alloy 32H, 700c, machine braking surfac
- Spokes:14G Stainless steel
- Hubs: Alloy low flange 32H, bolt-on QR skewer
- Weight: 25lbs