Meet the all new Mach 4 SL; a podium seeking missile crafted from the ground up as a testament to speed without compromise. It is designed to win gold and slaughter KOMs, and do so while delivering an otherworldly ride quality, telepathic handling, and a potent blend of acceleration and tractability.
Thanks to the continuing evolution of our proprietary Hollow Core carbon fiber construction, the new Mach 4 SL carves an impressive 280 grams out of the previous generation Mach 4 SL. This impressive absence of mass was achieved while improving on our excellent performing dw-link suspension, and without sacrificing strength, frame stiffness or handling integrity.
The Pivot Mach 4 SL V3 29 Team XX Eagle World Cup is designed with uncompromising performance in mind. Featuring a potent blend of acceleration and tractability, this bike offers an otherworldly ride quality and telepathic handling without sacrificing suspension quality, handling integrity, frame durability, traction, and comfort. This is the perfect choice for XC racers seeking speed without compromise.
We’ve tweaked our acclaimed dw-Link suspension to deliver the immediate acceleration and responsiveness that racers crave, but also to serve up better, more tractable performance across the entire ride spectrum. The kinematics are tailored for pedaling efficiency and outright speed without sacrificing comfort or compliance. This is highly evolved, thoroughly refined suspension, not some compromised band-aid. The Mach 4SL brings the heat, but also vastly improves upon the current notion of race bike tractability and suspension performance. Think of it as the fun way to the top step of the podium.
Lighter, faster, more capable everywhere. That’s the Mach 4 SL in a nutshell. Our design brief was “World Cup focus, but let it punch above its weight”. So we gave it some more reach, steepened the seat angle, backed off the head angle, opened up the wheelbase, and built a bike that can handle serious speed with total composure. This, combined with the flex-free integrity of the Mach 4 SL’s chassis, encourages full-on red-mist hammering without any sketchy side effects. It’s a race bike first and foremost, but it’s a hell of a fun party on the way to the checkered flag.
The Mach 4 SL is as versatile as it is speedy. The World Cup build can yield 95mm or 103mm of rear travel, easily adjusted by a flip chip on the rocker. The Trail build, aimed at squeezing as much fun as humanly possible out of a ride while going really really fast, delivers either 106 or 115mm of rear travel thanks to a brand new FOX Float rear shock. There’s tire clearance for 2.4” rubber, and room for two water bottles. Short track domination? World Cup dreams? Marathon Mindset? Singletrack shredding? Yes. Do it all.
- New XC Adapted Travel, Adjustable Flip-Chip: A New Travel-Adjustable Flip-Chip on all builds. The World Cup builds yield either 95mm or 103mm of rear travel with an ultralight FOX DPS rear shock and easily adjustable flip-chip on the rocker.|Team, Pro, and Ride builds yield either 106mm or 115mm of rear travel from the FOX Float rear shock and easily adjustable flip-chip on the rocker
- DW-Link: Patented position-sensitive anti-squat eliminates pedal bob during hard pedaling efforts. Improved traction and versatility in a variety of conditions. Superior pedaling performance without sacrificing braking or suspension feel.
- Vertical Shock Layout: The vertical shock layout allows for a more compact frame design and lower overall center of gravity. It is stiffer, lighter, and enables us to better optimize suspension kinematics independent of the shock mounting location. The result is a frame that’s lighter and stifferin all the right places with excellent water bottle clearance and full control over stand-overheight just to add to the benefits.
- An XC Dream: Featherlight carbon frame. The new Mach 4SL carves an impressive 300-400 grams (.65-.9lbs) out of the previous generation. • Small frame weight w/o rear shock: 1660 grams (3.65lbs).• Small frame with rear shock (DPS): 1930 grams (4.25lbs).• Complete bike weight under 23lbs (Size small, XX World Cup build).
- Proprietary Ride Tuning: Fits riders 4’10” to 6’7” with size range X-Small through X-Large. Lighter shock valving on X-Small and Small frame sizes. Independent strength to weight analysis for each frame achieves consistent performance metrics. Custom-tuned carbon scales stiffness across all sizes, ensuring optimal ride characteristics for all rider profiles
- Water Bottle Clearance: All sizes fit a large water bottle inside the frame. Clearance for two water bottles on MD-XL
Fox Factory Stepcast 34 29”, 44mm offset, FIT4 - 120mm
Fox Factory Float | 190x45 w/ Sram TwistLoc (Shock only)
DT Swiss XR1700
DT Swiss 350 hub & 36t Star Ratchet 15x110 F/12x148 R
Maxxis Ardent Race 29” x 2.2” TR, EXO, 120 TPI | F & R
Sram X0 Eagle DUB
Sram X0 Eagle Transmission Flattop 12-Speed
Sram X0 Eagle Transmission 12-Speed
Sram X0 1295 Eagle Transmission 10-52t
Sram AXS Pod Controller
Phoenix Team Flat Carbon - 760mm
Phoenix Team XC/Trail
Sram Level Silver Stealth 2-piston w/ Sram Centerline CenterLock - 160mm
Phoenix WTB Pro Volt (Narrow Width)
Fox Transfer Factory Series 125mm (XS-SM), 150mm (MD-LG), 175mm (XL)