The Maxxis Aggressor is designed for high-speed, hard-packed, rocky trails. It works especially well as a rear tire paired with a Minion DHF or Assegai in the front.
- Dual Compound: Offers low rolling resistance and increased cornering traction
- EXO Casing: A cut- and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls of many Maxxis mountain bike and gravel tires. This densely woven fabric is lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tire remains unaffected. Choose EXO Protection for enhanced durability for gravel, XC, and light-duty trail riding.
- DoubleDown (DD) Casing: The casing solution for enduro racing and e-bike use. Two layers of our lightweight 120 TPI casing material are combined with a butyl sidewall insert to create a highly durable tire with more trail feedback than a Downhill casing tire. DoubleDown tires are marginally lighter than their Downhill counterparts, but it’s really the difference in “trail feel” that sets the two apart. Some riders may prefer the highly damped ride provided by a Downhill casing tire.
- Wide Trail (WT) Construction: Optimizes the tire’s tread layout and profile on today’s modern, wider rims. Traditional tires are designed around older, narrower rims and can create an overly square tire profile, leading to less than optimal performance. WT tires are optimized for a 35mm inner rim width but are proven to work over a range from 30-35mm inner rim widths, depending on the rider’s preference.
- Tubeless Ready (TL): Tubeless ready tires provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tire; and less chance of flatting because there is no tube. Tubeless ready tires are denoted by the letters “TR” on the sidewall. Tubeless ready tires must be mounted to tubeless compatible rims and require the use of a liquid sealant to maintain pressure. Liquid sealants have the added benefit of sealing small punctures. Be sure to check your sealant regularly and refresh as needed as it will dry out over time.