The new synonym for victory, the Protone Icon helmet features the latest technological advances in safety, ventilation, and aerodynamics to make it an icon of road cycling. The Protone Icon takes its design from KASK’s winning Protone helmet and has improved upon it in every way possible.
A redesigned internal frame gives the wearer greater safety. Seamless technology joins the lower and upper parts of the shell to give it a refined, elegant look and improved aerodynamics. The new OCTOFIT+ adjustment system optimizes the helmet’s comfort and stability, while a vertical stabilizer across the nape of the neck provides ergonomic neck support and delivers enhanced balance and a customized fit. Its large rotation cap coated in a special rubber increases finger grip, and a reflective insert in the rear helps keep the helmet’s wearer even safer. The internal lining is made of CoolMax® fabric which, as well as being comfortable and quick-drying, is also removable and washable. As is standard with all KASK helmets, the Protone Icon has been developed in accordance with the KASK WG11 protocol, an objective, scientific approach to measuring the helmet’s performance against rotational impacts.
- OCTOFIT + sealing system: The new adjustment wheel in over-injected rubber offers greater grip for the fingers. The vertical stabilizer has been reworked to enhance stability, providing a customized fit for longer-haired riders. The ergonomic neck support ensures a quick and secure fit to the nape of the neck.
- Eco-leather chinstrap: Synthetic leather chin strap. The hypoallergenic and washable chin strap is extremely comfortable and helps avoid skin irritation.
- 3D DRY padding: A multi-layered open cell process is used to create the three-dimensional 3D DRY padding: advanced technology for maximum comfort and performance.
- Coolmax fiber: Replaceable and washable internal padding made with Coolmax® material.
- Internal structure: The innovative aerodynamic frame of internal reinforcement offers greater mechanical resistance and better solidity. In the event of a crash, it prevents the helmet from breaking and ensures greater safety for all athletes.
- Aerodynamic Control: Ultra high performance aerodynamic shell, tested in the wind tunnel and capable of delivering an extraordinary CX rate. Regardless of the position of the head, the outflow of air will always be in line with the helmet.
- Excellent visibility: High visibility stickers for maximum safety even in poor visibility conditions.
- MIT: The MIT technology guarantees greater safety for your head and complete protection of the polystyrene, thanks to the polycarbonate layer that covers the upper part, the base ring and the back of the shell.
- Weight: 230 gr.