Bell has been leading the charge on removable chin bar technology and they aren’t slowing down now. With modern bike geometry allowing riders to push the boundaries of their riding to near downhill race speeds, Bell knew they needed to make a helmet that would provide added protection in a time when the industry needs it most. Making the chin bar removable allows you to have two helmets in one. Going out for a quick afternoon ride on some rolling trails? Half shell mode. Going to climb to the highest peak and rip back down? Grab that chin bar and clip it on at the top for full-face protection.
The versatility of the Super Air R MIPS would be nothing without some serious tech to back it up. Bell uses a Flex-Spherical + MIPS comprehensive energy management system to keep your head safe. 18 vents, 8 chin bar vents, and 4 brow ports keep your head cool, while the X-Static padding dries quickly and inhibits the growth of bacteria.
- Flex Spherical + MIPS: ball-and-socket action, and progressive 2-layer foam, address high/low-speed impacts, as well as rotational impacts
- Ventilation: Overbrow ventilation, 18 helmet vents, 8 chin bar vents, 4 brow ports
- Construction: Fusion in-mold Polycarbonate shell, progressive layering
- Fit System: Float fit
- Wraparound Chin Bar
- GoggleGuide Adjustable Visor
- Integrated Breakaway Camera Mount
- Sweat Guide
- X-Static Padding
- FLEX Spherical + MIPS
- Sizing: Small (52–56cm); Medium (55–59cm); Large (58–62cm)
- Weight: 640g.