Like its war-loving Greek namesake, the Ares takes no prisoners once the cleat meets the pedal. Specialized set out to design their fastest shoe ever. The result? A supremely efficient, powerful piece of performance footwear that’s a full 1% faster than any other shoe the company has ever produced — and 1% is all you need at the finish line. And with an uber-stiff FACT Powerline carbon outsole, a groundbreaking new closure system, and the Dyneema-reinforced tongueless sock, you can feel that power as soon as you slip it on.
Say goodbye to foot roll. Forget tendon pressure points. Reduce your risk of foot injuries. Instead, say hello to higher-output power features like the Longitudinal Arch and Varus Wedge. Personalized insoles feature a Metatarsal Button to optimize circulation and hip/knee/foot alignment. Stay completely locked-in even when you’re having an out-of-saddle experience. Specialized’s stiffest and lightest outsole, PadLock heel construction, and BOA Li2 Fit System all conspire beneath you to transfer every blessed watt you produce into your pedals without punishing your feet. And at 220g per shoe, you’ll hardly notice they’re working for you.
- The key to more comfort, less injuries, and higher power output comes from our ergonomically designed, scientifically tested Body Geometry features—Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge, and personalized insoles with a Metatarsal Button. When used in harmony, these three features align the hip, foot, and knee, while also limiting medial/lateral knee movement and maintaining good circulation down to your toes.
- Patent-pending closure design secures the foot for extreme, out-of-saddle efforts, locking the metatarsals and preventing lateral roll.
- Dyneema® is sandwiched between layers of synthetic and TPU to create no-stretch zones for the ultimate connection and comfort.
- Our stiffest and lightest FACT Powerline™ carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 15.
- Independent BOA® Li2 Fit System for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the Boa® Guarantee.
- PadLock™ heel construction cradles the heel and is proven to improve acceleration.
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws for security.
- Form Fit last with a roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort.
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position cleats 5mm rearward and fits all major 3-hole road pedals.
- Approximate weight: 220g (1/2 pair, Size 42)