Specialized doesn’t skimp on the technology of any of their products, and the RIME 1.0 is a testament to that. The RIME 1.0 is the perfect mountain bike shoe for anyone who “just wants some good clip shoes.” They are packed full of features and priced so that everyone can enjoy them. The uppers are made of a breathable mesh that is comfortable on and off the bike, and they use a simple lace system with a velcro cover that keeps the price low and the shoes reliable.
As always, the RIME 1.0 is equipped with Specialized’s Body Geometry technology, which helps keep your legs properly aligned so you can ride in comfort. SlipNot rubber provides grip off the bike and a stiff Lollipop nylon plate is used to provide adequate power transfer while still being able to walk around normally. These shoes are a staple in the lineup and preferred by many riders over their more expensive counterparts simply due to their comfort and simplicity.
- Body Geometry sole construction and footbeds are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- XPEL hydrophobic mesh construction reduces water absorption and dramatically improves drying time.
- Landing Strip™ cleat pocket is optimized for effortless foot-out riding style with platform clip pedals.
- Laces and Hook-and-loop overstrap provide a comfortable with one-hand adjustability
- Stiff Lollipop™ nylon composite plate for high performance pedaling and off-the-bike comfort.
- SlipNot™ rubber sole for confident traction.
- Cushioned EVA foam midsole for comfort with molded heel cup for stability.
- Relaxed Fit for a balance of pedal feel and off-bike comfort.
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major mountain pedals.
- Approximate weight: 384g (1/2 pair, size 42)