The DHR II is is the gold standard for riders wanting maximum traction and cornering grip when trail conditions get loose and muddy.
- Wide Trail (WT): Optimizes the tire’s tread layout and profile on today’s modern, wider rims. Traditional tires are designed around older, narrower rims and can create an overly square tire profile, leading to less than optimal performance. WT tires are optimized for a 35mm inner rim width but are proven to work over a range from 30-35mm inner rim widths, depending on the rider’s preference.
- EXO+: Maxxis’ medium-duty puncture protection option suitable for all-around trail riding and light weight e-bikes. We begin with a durable 60 TPI casing, add in our legendary EXO puncture protection layer in the sidewalls, and top it off with a small butyl insert around the bead. The tough casing and EXO material ward off damage from rocks and roots, while the butyl insert protects the tire from pinch flats and helps prevent rim damage.
- 3C MaxxTerra: An intermediate triple compound configuration used across our mountain tire line. The 3C MaxxTerra compound offers more traction than 3C MaxxSpeed, yet provides better treadwear and less rolling resistance than MaxxGrip, which makes it ideal for trail riding in all conditions.
- Ramped paddle shaped center knobs roll efficiently and provide excellent traction for climbing and braking
- Minion signature channel cut side knobs provide excellent cornering traction
- Intended use: loose, loose over hard, medium
- Flat Protection: Tread and Sidewall
- TPI: 60tpi
- Labeled Size: 29 x 2.4
- Weight: 1013g
- Tire Type: Tubeless Ready Clincher
- Tire Bead: Folding
- Tire Diameter: 29"