The Maxxis Assegai tire is named after the iron-tipped spear used by the Zulu people of South Africa. Greg Minnaar, a native of South Africa, thought it was a fitting name for a tire ready to do battle on the mountain. The tall knobs punch through dust and loam to find traction, but also offer support and confidence on wet roots and rocks. While other tires excel only in certain conditions, the Maxxis Assegai is built to go fast everywhere.
The most important part of a tire is arguably the rubber compound used to within the tread and with Maxxis's 3C MaxxGrip you get the softest rubber compounds to offer the ultimate in grip and slow rebound properties for unparalleled traction in DH applications.
- 3C: Triple Compound with harder base-layer and two progressively softer top layers for optimal traction and durability
- TR: Tubeless Ready for increased traction and lower rolling resistance
- DD: DoubleDown provides two 120 TPI casing layers reinforced with a butyl insert for DH protection at a lower weight
- WT: Wide Trail casing used on 2.5" models is optimized for 30 - 35mm inner width rims
- Tire Type: Tubeless (Clincher)
- Bead: Folding
- Compound | Casing: 3C MaxxGrip | 3CG/TR/DD (DoubleDown)
- TPI (Threads Per Inch): 120 TPI
- Puncture Protection: Yes
- Weight: 1,305g (29" | 2.5")