A 1:25000 scale map, a weather forecast and the Roubion. Three things you shouldn’t hit the high mountains without. And while we can’t guarantee you won’t get lost or soaked, we’re pretty sure there’s no better bike to tackle ancient alpine terrain. And whether blind racing or just blindly enjoying the trails as they come, the Roubion’s MX wheel combo feels like the best mix since Aperol met spritz. A 29-inch front wheel serves up high-speed stability and high-rolling confidence. Meanwhile the 27.5-inch rear makes for an intuitive and highly maneuverable rear end that loves to get sideways around the most ragged of switchbacks. This bike is rapid, so when it comes to stopping power and control we’ve mixed things up here also. A 200mm front and 180mm rear brake rotor pairing ensures you shouldn’t overcook the corners no matter how hot you’re coming in. The Roubion’s chainstay lengths are all specifically sized for the XS, S and M frames too, meaning handling remains consistent across the range. And like all Juliana’s, each shock is tuned to work better for slightly lighter riders than equivalent Santa Cruz models.
- Travel for Days: 150mm of VPP® lower link rear travel and a 160mm fork
- Best of Both Worlds: High-speed stability and confidence are fixed variables of the 29-inch front wheel, plus you get the 27.5 rear maneuverability for snappy moves, playing for style points, and negotiating hairy switchbacks.
- Geometry to Match: The Roubion's chainstay length is matched to frame size so every rider, no matter their height, gets the same balanced geometry and bike fit.
- Low Standover Height: Juliana's sloping top tubes always assures confdence for shorter legged riders.
- Size X-Small: More options for smaller riders
- Shock Tune for Lightweight Riders: Custom tunes that allow for more adjustability for lighterweight riders.
|Frame||Carbon CC MX 150mm Travel VPP™|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate|
|Fork||FOX 36 Float Factory, 160mm|
|R. Derailleur||SRAM X01 Eagle, 12spd|
|Shifters||SRAM X01 Eagle, 12spd|
|Cassette||SRAM XG1295 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t|
|Chain||SRAM X01 Eagle, 12spd|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset|
|Rear Tire||Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4", 3C, EXO, TR|
|Front Tire||Maxxis Minion DHF 29"x2.5, 3C, Maxx- Grip, EXO, TR (27.5” tire on size XS)|
|Front Hub||Industry Nine 1/1, 110x15, 6 Bolt, 28h|
|Rims||RaceFace ARC Offset 30 Rims|
|Rear Hub||Industry Nine 1/1, 148x12, XD, 6 Bolt, 28h|
|Rotors||Avid Centerline 200mm/180mm|
|Brakes||SRAM Code RSC|
|Crankset||SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon DUB 32t|
|Handlebar||Santa Cruz 35 Carbon Bar, 800mm, 35mm Rise|
|Stem||Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42.5mm|
|Saddle||Juliana Primiero Saddle or WTB Volt|
|Seatpost||RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6|
|Grips/Bar Tape||Juliana House Grip, 30mm or Burgtec Bartender Pro Grip Minnaar|