Gocycle’s renowned handling capability is enhanced further with the introduction of a new lighter and more precise carbon fibre mid-frame that forms the G4’s monocoque chassis. It provides a strong core and has the important job of connecting the hydroformed aluminium front frame and Gocycle’s patented magnesium Cleandrive. Three different components, three different materials, each optimised for three different roles.
An all-new single-sided carbon fibre front fork houses the fully-integrated G4drive™ electric motor and links the Gocycle chassis to the road. Its smooth and flowing lines provide a pure aesthetic while helping to reduce stress and overall weight. It’s been engineered with more vertical compliance for improved comfort whilst maintaining directional stiffness for sure-footed steering through the corners.
All Generation Four Gocycles will be powered by the all-new G4drive™ electric motor. The G4drive™ provides a smooth and quiet ride, while delivering more torque and low-speed start capability - all within a class-leading compact package. The proprietary G4drive™ and gearbox has been in development for a number of years and subject to many, many test miles at Gocycle’s research and development facility to ensure it performs to the G4’s high standards of reliability.
The Gocycle G4’s removeable powerful Lithium-Ion battery is seamlessly integrated into the G4’s hydroformed aluminium frame. It provides a range of up to 40 miles (65km) for the G4 and up to 50 miles (80km) for the G4i (depending on pedal input) with 3.5 hour fast charging now standard across the entire range from Gocycle’s new 4A 36V Charger.
- All-New G4drive - Smooth and quiet, Gocycle’s bespoke new G4drive™ delivers more torque and power with class leading compact packaging.
- Carbon Fibre mid-frame - This central component of G4’s monocoque chassis has the important job of connecting the hydroformed aluminium front frame and Gocycle’s patented magnesium Cleandrive.
- Carbon Fibre Single-Sided Front Fork - The Gocycle G4’s all-new single-sided carbon front fork houses the fully-integrated G4drive electric motor. Its smooth and flowing lines help to reduce stress and overall weight.
- New Gocycle Tyre – MotoGP-inspired treaded tyre infused with silica compound for superior grip and sure -footed handling
- Integrated USB Port – 1amp USB charger for phone charging on the go
- Low Energy Bluetooth – Improved phone and Gocycle app connectivity
- Fast-charging – New Gocycle charger enables fast charging across the range – 3 hours (G4) / 3.5 hours (G4i)
|Frame||Hydro-formed 6061 T6 alloy front frame, matte black carbon fibre mid-frame and injection moulded magnesium Cleandrive|
|PitstopWheel||Magnesium with center hub mount|
|Motor Drive Control||Pedal Torque Sensing|
|Daytime Running Light (DRL)||No|
|Smart Device Connectivity||GocycleConnect® App via wireless Bluetooth®|
|Riding Modes||City, Eco, On-Demand, Custom. Multiple, programmable through GocycleConnect™ App|
|Electric Drive Speed||20 mph / 25 kph|
|Range||Up to 65km (40 miles), depending on pedal input|
|Motor||Gocycle proprietary front hub motor, G4drive with traction control 500 watt US / 250 watt EU continuous|
|Battery||Quick removable lithium ion: 8.1Ah, 36V, approx 300 Wh|
|Charger||Gocycle 4A 36V Charger|
|Charging Time||3 hours|
|Motor Controller||Gocycle proprietary|
|Handlebar Display||LED Fuel Gauge or with Smart Device and GocycleConnect™ App|
|Transmission||Patented Cleandrive® Shimano Nexus 3-speed|
|Brakes||Hydraulic disk, front and rear|
|Tyres||Gocycle Tyre (406-60, 20 x 2.25 in)|
|Front Motor Fork||Gocycle proprietary, single-sided, Carbon Fibre, fixed|
|Rear Suspension||Gocycle Lockshock™ 25mm (1 in) travel|
|Seat Post||34.9 mm Aluminium|
|Pedals||Gocycle Folding Standard|
|Grips||Gocycle Sport Ergo|
|Approximate Weight||16.6kg (36.6 lbs) excluding kickstand & including pedals|
|Maximum Rider Weight||100kg (220 lbs), including clothing and luggage|