A triathlon cycling shoe with an innovative breathable knitted upper, an R1 full carbon outsole for maximum power transfer, Dynamic Arch Support and a Boa® dial.
Transiro Infinito R1 Knit is a high performance triathlon shoe engineered with an innovative knitted upper for enhanced breathability.
When it came to designing a new premium shoe for our pro triathletes competing in Ironman, we were asked to combine the stiff, race-orientated feel and prime fit of our road shoes with a new design facilitating quick and easy foot entry at transition, and superb comfort for riding without socks. All of this in an extremely breathable, quick-drying construction… challenge accepted.
The result, Transiro Infinito R1 Knit is one of our most advanced designs to date; it utilizes of all Fizik’s most advanced fitting features in a knitted construction that seamlessly integrates ventilation throughout the upper.
- Fizik Knit uppers are a cut above traditional woven fabric or microfiber uppers. They are created using electronic knitting machines which accurately link loops of yarn on needles and can seamlessly change the yarn direction of the fabric to create different stitching patterns. This process produces distinct functional zones, with engineered performance in key areas, such as vents and mesh openings for enhanced breathability. The additional water-repellent treatment ensures that the yarn does nor absorb moisture, and in combination with the enhanced ventilation, the upper dries quickly when slipping Transiro Infinito R1 Knit on with dripping wet feet after T1.
- To guarantee efficient power transfer to the pedals, targeted areas of heat-fused PU have been integrated to create foot support where athletes need it most. This construction ensures the shoe has superior ventilation and is ultra-lightweight, but with the same support and pedalling efficiency as a traditionally built cycling shoe. The Boa®-powered Volume Control zonal fit is both quick and intuitive and yet provides the locked-in feel triathletes need for a 112-mile ride. The Volume Control system allows a differentiated fit adjustment for the instep and forefoot areas – the shape and volume of which can vary widely between athletes. By controlling two separate Boa® dial closures, triathletes can fine-tune shoe fit to their unique foot shape for customized comfort and support.
- The volume of the forefoot area can be controlled via the Infinito, a signature fit adjustment feature. Infinito balances out the tensioning and further eliminates pressure hot spots by using textile webbing in place of plastic lace guides. This closure system acts on a larger area of the shoe’s upper, pulling the eyestays inwards consistently from all directions for a more supportive and comfortable fit.
- A customized fit of the plantar arch is provided with the Dynamic Arch Support, a dedicated piece of the shoe’s upper that wraps around the plantar arch, and is adjusted for fit with its own Boa®® dial.
- The highly stiff R1 unidirectional full carbon outsole is tuned for the maximum power transfer, with vent openings channelling the airflow through the sole for an efficient temperature control.
- The Transiro Infinito R1 Knit features a cushioned flat-seam collar for a smooth sockless foot entry and riding comfort, and are equipped with a rubberized heel loop for setting the shoes on the bike for transition, and easily and quickly pulling your feet into them.
Knitted upper: engineered construction for enhanced ventilation and comfort
R1 full UD carbon outsole: ultimate stiffness and lightness tuned for maximum power transfer
Infinito: advanced volume control of the forefoot area
Dynamic Arch Support: customized fit of the plantar arch
Volume Control: independent fit adjustment for instep and forefoot
Weight: 245g (size 42 - 1/2 pair)
Stack height: 9.7mm
R1 outsole – full carbon unidirectional
- 2x Boa® IP1-B dials
Replaceable heel skid plate