The precise, extremely fluid movement of the front derailleur is achieved in part thanks to the new cables and their housing and in part because of the design and construction of the 2x12-speed front derailleur. The new Chorus derailleur incorporates the same design that separates the upper from the lower semi-rod, eliminating the free stroke for more immediate, responsive upshifting. Design of the 2x12 speed front derailleur and its trajectory angle mean wide tires measuring up to 32 mm can be used, while the new design of the cage and dedicated positions for each gear position ensure extremely precise and fluid derailleur performance.
- Weight: 87 grams
- Upper semi-rod not connected to the lower one: more precise movement and no contact with the travel limit.
- Cage designed to improve maximum cross-chaining situations.
- Ideal for wider tires: 32mm section tires can be mounted without risk of contact with the derailleur.
- Design optimized for inner cage.
- Double-position fixing of the cable allows for maximum compatibility with frames and ties.
- Optimized position for every engaged sprocket, creating no risk of contact with the chain.
- Drivetrain Speeds: 12
- Double or Triple: Double
- Derailleur Capacity: 16
- Front Der/Shifter Compatibility: Campy Centaur/Potenza/Chorus/Record/Super Record 2015+
- Front Derailleur Cable Pull: Bottom Pull
- Front Derailleur Clamp: Braze-on
- Front Derailleur Style: Traditional
- Max Ring (teeth): 52