Think of the Ultralight edition of the Epic Hardtail as a science experiment—a lesson in just how crazy light and capable you could make a race bike. We pulled out all the stops on this one and the end result is your personal rocket ship to the top step of the winner’s podium.
THE GAME CHANGER
The S-Works Epic Hardtail bears the lightest production frame to date. Impressive, yes, but it’s much more than that. We’ve also created the most capable and comfortable cross-country machine ever, because you’re not fast if you’re being pummeled by the trail. It’s a game changer.
MORE CONTROL MEANS MORE SPEED
Looking to ride faster? Who isn’t? That’s why we relaxed its head angle and lengthened the reach. The Epic retains a short wheelbase for deft handling yet offers more predictable steering and a centered rider position for increased control and speed on any trail.
• The lightest and most capable carbon hardtail frame ever created.
• FOX Factory Step-Cast 32 fork gets all the trimmings, including a Fit4 damper and Kashima coating.
• SRAM XX1 Eagle drivetrain gives you massive gear range and quick, precise shifts.
- At 775 grams, the new S-Works Epic Hardtail chassis is the lightest production hardtail frame on earth. What’s more, we’ve designed it to be incredibly capable and comfortable, with progressive geometry and an advanced composite layup that boosts vertical compliance.
- A Fox Factory Step-Cast 32 shaves the grams while providing 100 millimeters of silky, Kashima-coated suspension. And since weight is the enemy here, we equipped the Ultralight with some equally ultralight Roval Control SL carbon wheels. SRAM’s XX1 Eagle drivetrain gives you massive gear range and quick, precise shifts. Finally, the Ultralight can go from crazy-quick to a tidy stop, thanks to the trademark modulation and power of Magura’s MT8 SL disc brakes.
S-Works FACT 12m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing,
FOX Factory Step-Cast 32, Fit4 damper, Kashima, Boost™, 44mm offset, 100mm of travel, Kabolt
|FRONT HUB||Roval Control SL, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 24h|
Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Star Ratchet, 54t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Competition Race|
|RIMS||Roval Control SL 29, SRAM XX1, 148mm spacing|
|INNER TUBES||Presta, 60mm valve|
S-Works Renegade, S-Works Casing, GRIPTON® compound, 120 tpi, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.1"
S-Works Renegade, S-Works Casing, GRIPTON® compound, 120 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.1"
|CRANKSET||SRAM XX1 Eagle, 148 DUB, 170/175mm, 32T|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||SRAM DUB, threaded BB|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM XX1 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM XX1 Eagle, 12-speed|
|CASSETTE||SRAM XG-1299 Eagle, 10-50t|
|CHAIN||SRAM XX1 Eagle, 12-speed|
|FRONT BRAKE||Magura MT8 SL, Hydraulic Disc|
|REAR BRAKE||Magura MT8 SL, Hydraulic Disc|
S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm
|GRIPS||ODI Vapor F-1 Series, slip-on|
|STEM||S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry S-Works Power Arc, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||S-Works FACT carbon, 10mm setback, 30.9mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 34.9mm, titanium bolt|