When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How’d we do it? We started with our 500-piece, Rider-First Engineered™ frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 45 seconds faster than the Tarmac SL5, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling.
This S-Works Tarmac comes ready to race with Shimano's new Dura-Ace 9170 Di2 groupset with disc brakes and the lightweight, yet impressively aerodynamic, Roval CLX 50 Disc wheels with 26mm Turbo Cotton tires.
- For the construction of the Tarmac Disc, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 12r carbon. It's the most advanced material, and schedule, we've ever made, and this allowed us to shed nearly 200 grams—that's right, a 20% reduction in frame weight.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered™. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, three areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape, dropped seatstays with aero tubes, and a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 45 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
- For additional compliance, the seatpost has flex built-into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen. We also dropped the seatstays, altered the seat tube shape, and added tire clearance up to 30mm.
S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon fiber, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
|FORK||S-Works FACT 12r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
Roval CLX 50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, CeramicSpeed bearings, 21h
Roval CLX 50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, DT Swiss 240 internals, CeramicSpeed bearings, 24h
|INNER TUBES||Turbo Ultralight, 60mm Presta valve|
|FRONT TIRE||Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm|
|REAR TIRE||Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm|
|CRANKSET||S-Works Power Cranks, dual-sided power measurement, +/- 1.5% accuracy|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 Disc R9170|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, 11-speed|
|CASSETTE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-speed, 11-30t|
|CHAIN||Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc|
|STEM||S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base|
|SEATPOST||S-Works FACT carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset|
|SEAT BINDER||Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly|