This XTR-clad version of the S-Works Epic Hardtail bears the lightest production chassis on earth. Tuned for comfort and endowed with thoroughly modern geometry, it’s also the most capable racing platform ever created. It’s your ticket to the podium.
THE GAME CHANGER
The S-Works Epic Hardtail bears the lightest production frame to date. Impressive, yes, but it’s much more than that. We’ve also created the most capable and comfortable cross-country machine ever, because you’re not fast if you’re being pummeled by the trail. It’s a game changer.
MORE CONTROL MEANS MORE SPEED
Looking to ride faster? Who isn’t? That’s why we relaxed its head angle and lengthened the reach. The Epic retains a short wheelbase for deft handling yet offers more predictable steering and a centered rider position for increased control and speed on any trail.
• The lightest and most capable carbon hardtail frame ever created.
• Full Shimano XTR 12-speed drivetrain and disc brakes.
• Ultralight and reliable Roval Control SL carbon wheelset.
- At 775 grams, the new S-Works Epic Hardtail chassis is the lightest production hardtail frame on earth. What’s more, we’ve designed it to be incredibly capable and comfortable, with progressive geometry and an advanced composite layup that boosts vertical compliance.
- Custom RockShox SID Brain Ultimate cuts every possible gram, thanks to its carbon steerer and fork crown. What’s more, it boosts your sprint speed, thanks to its top-adjust Brain Fade damper, which makes for a brilliant fork that goes plush when you want it to and stays firm when it’s time to get out of the saddle and launch your next attack.
- We’ve decked out this edition of the S-Works Epic Hardtail in Shimano’s flagship, cross-country component group. XTR Race disc brakes pack power in a remarkably light package and a full 12-speed XTR drivetrain boasts lightning-quick shifts, even under the most demanding race conditions.
S-Works FACT 12m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing,
RockShox SID Brain Ultimate, top-adjust Brain Fade, tapered carbon crown and steerer, 15x110mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 42mm offset, 100mm of travel
|FRONT HUB||Roval Control SL, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 24h|
Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Star Ratchet, 54t engagement, DT Swiss Microspline driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Competition Race|
|RIMS||Roval Control SL, hookless carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready, hand-built|
|INNER TUBES||Presta, 60mm valve|
|FRONT TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|REAR TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|CRANKSET||Race Face Next SL, 170/175mm|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Threaded, 30mm spindle|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, Shadow Plus|
|CASSETTE||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, 10-51t|
|CHAIN||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano XTR Race M-9100|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano XTR Race M-9100|
S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm
|GRIPS||Specialized Trail Grips|
|STEM||S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||S-Works FACT carbon, 10mm setback, 30.9mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 34.9mm, titanium bolt|