Take the lightest and most capable carbon hardtail frame available and deck it out in drool-worthy bits. Said bits include the SRAM’s wireless XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain, an integrated power meter, ultralight carbon wheels, and a custom RockShox SID Brain Ultimate fork.
THE GAME CHANGER
The S-Works Epic Hardtail bears the lightest production frame to date. Impressive, yes, but it’s much more than that. We’ve also created the most capable and comfortable cross-country machine ever, because you’re not fast if you’re being pummeled by the trail. It’s a game changer.
MORE CONTROL MEANS MORE SPEED
Looking to ride faster? Who isn’t? That’s why we relaxed its head angle and lengthened the reach. The Epic retains a short wheelbase for deft handling yet offers more predictable steering and a centered rider position for increased control and speed on any trail.
• The lightest and most capable carbon hardtail frame ever created.
• Wireless SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain.
• SRAM Level Ultimate disc brakes boast balanced power and modulation.
- At 775 grams, the new S-Works Epic Hardtail chassis is the lightest production hardtail frame on earth. What’s more, we’ve designed it to be incredibly capable and comfortable, with progressive geometry and an advanced composite layup that boosts vertical compliance.
- Custom RockShox SID Brain Ultimate cuts every possible gram, thanks to its carbon steerer and fork crown. What’s more, it boosts your sprint speed, thanks to its top-adjust Brain Fade damper, which makes for a brilliant fork that goes plush when you want it to and stays firm when it’s time to get out of the saddle and launch your next attack.
- Blazing fast shifts with nary a derailleur cable in sight—that’s the promise of the AXS edition of the S-Works Epic Hardtail. And the bling doesn’t end with SRAM’s premier, wide-range drivetrain. The bike also sports top-of-the-line SRAM Level Ultimate disc brakes, a QUARQ XX1 Eagle Power Meter, and ultralight Roval Control SL carbon wheelset.
- Get more out of every training ride by precisely gauging your power output with the QUARQ XX1 Eagle Power Meter
S-Works FACT 12m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing,
RockShox SID Brain Ultimate, top-adjust Brain Fade, tapered carbon crown and steerer, 15x110mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 42mm offset, 100mm of travel
|FRONT HUB||Roval Control SL, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 24h|
Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Star Ratchet, 54t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Competition Race|
|RIMS||Roval Control SL, hookless carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready, hand-built|
|INNER TUBES||Presta, 60mm valve|
|FRONT TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|REAR TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|CRANKSET||QUARQ XX1 Eagle Power Meter, Boost™ 148, DUB, 170/175mm|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||SRAM DUB, threaded BB|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS, trigger, 12-speed|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS|
|CASSETTE||SRAM XG-1299 Eagle, 10-50t|
|CHAIN||SRAM XX1 (Rainbow)|
|FRONT BRAKE||SRAM Level Ultimate, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||SRAM Level Ultimate, hydraulic disc|
S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm
|GRIPS||Specialized Trail Grips|
|STEM||S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||S-Works FACT carbon, 10mm setback, 30.9mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 34.9mm, titanium bolt|