With all of the growth in full-suspension XC bikes, we found that hardtails were starting to become a little same old, same old. So we thought to ourselves, 'What better time than now to shake things up with a modern, revolutionary design?' Say hello to the Epic Hardtail Expert.
THE GAME CHANGER
The Epic Hardtail sports one of the lightest production frames to date, but it’s a hell of a lot more than that. We designed the most capable and comfortable racing chassis ever created, because you’re not fast if you’re being pummeled by the trail. It’s a game changer.
MORE CONTROL MEANS MORE SPEED
Looking to ride faster? Who isn’t? That’s why we relaxed its head angle and lengthened the reach. The Epic retains a short wheelbase for deft handling yet offers more predictable steering and a centered rider position for increased control and speed on any trail.
• One of the lightest and most capable carbon hardtail frames ever created.
• SRAM's 12-speed GX Eagle groupset provides a wide gear range, letting you spin up the climbs.
• RockShox SID Brain 29,with Brain-fade inertia valve.
- At a mere 915 grams, the new Epic Fact 11m frame is stunningly light. What’s more, we’ve designed the Epic chassis to be incredibly capable and comfortable, with progressive geometry and an advanced composite layup that boosts vertical compliance.
- The RockShox SID Brain 29 features our Brain damper, which knows the difference between rider and terrain inputs—staying firm in hard accelerations on smooth ground, and effectively soaking up imperfections when the trail decides to fight back. You get the highest efficiency possible when hammering up climbs, and smooth compression on the descents—all without ever having to flick a switch.
- SRAM's 12-speed GX Eagle groupset, with its 10-50t cassette, provides a wide gear range that lets you spin up the climbs, yet have plenty of top end for the descents. One-by setups also decrease weight and make it next to impossible to drop a chain.
Specialized FACT 11m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing
RockShox SID Brain 29, Solo Air, Position Sensitive, bottom-adjust Brain Fade, 15x110mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 42mm offset, 100mm of travel (XS: 80mm travel)
|FRONT HUB||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h|
|REAR HUB||DT Swiss 370, SRAM XD 3-pawl driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h|
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Industry|
|RIMS||Roval Control Carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready|
|INNER TUBES||Presta, 60mm valve|
|FRONT TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|REAR TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|CRANKSET||Truvativ STYLO, DUB|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||SRAM DUB, threaded BB|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM GX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|CASSETTE||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t|
|CHAIN||SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed|
|FRONT BRAKE||SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|GRIPS||Specialized Trail Grips|
|STEM||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Power Sport, hollow Cr-Mo rails|
|SEATPOST||Specialized, alloy, single-bolt, 30.9mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 34.9mm|