Turn your Saris hitch rack into a swing away with this hitch rack accessory. Featuring 90° of pivot, the Swing Away Accessory gives you free and clear hatch access without removing your bikes. Designed to handle up to 250 lb. of rack plus bike weight, the Swing Away Accessory is compatible with our most popular hitch racks – including the Freedom and SuperClamp platform hitch racks. Convenient and built-in carrying handles make it easy to maneuver and install, while the included Hitch Tightener ensures secure travels down the road. For those times when only a swing away will do, there’s the Saris Swing Away Accessory.
- Turns your favorite Saris hitch rack into a swing away.
- Pivots 90° and locks in open position.
- Carries up to 250 lb. of rack + bike weight.
- For use with 2” receivers only.
- Hitch Tightener system securely locks hitch into place, securing the base to your vehicle.
- Two integrated carrying handles.
- Compatible with bikes up to 35 lb. per bike tray for the following Saris models:
- SuperClamp EX 2-Bike (4025F)
- SuperClamp HD 2-Bike (4025HD)
- Freedom EX 2-Bike (4412F)
- Freedom 2-Bike (4412B)
- Glide EX 4-Bike (774)
- Compatible with bikes up to 60 lb. per bike tray for the following models:
- MTR 1-Bike (4031)
- MTR 2-Bike (4032)
- Tilting/folding feature of Freedom, SuperClamp or MTR racks can be used when on the Swing Away Accessory in the "closed" position.
- Gliding feature of the Glide EX is not recommended when installed on Swing Away in the "closed" or "open" (swung away) position.
- Check with your hitch rack manufacturer (non Saris) to see if your existing hitch rack can be used with extenders.