The Ultralight Vest, our lightest protective layer, is updated for 2021 with new colors and the addition of a dual-use stow pocket: hold valuables while wearing the vest on a ride or fold it inside the pocket while not in use to maximize storage space in your jersey pocket. Designed to be the most minimal and lightweight protective layer we could design, it is a go-to for early morning starts, Tuesday Night Worlds cool downs or Col du Galibier descents when you've run out of newspaper. This is a must-have emergency layer that will find its way into your pocket most of the year. At just 30 grams per meter, the Japanese milled Pertex Quantum Air nylon used in the front, sides and shoulders is 100% windproof, breathable and exceptionally light.
- Pertex Quantum Air mini-ripstop nylon
- Rear zippered stow pocket
- Windproof and water resistant with DWR treatment to shake off light precipitation
- Veil Mesh back adds stretch and ventilation for close fit without overheating
- Reflective logos and trim details for visibility
- YKK Low-friction Vislon two-way zipper with internal flap and garage
Our vests are patterned for the riding position, with a tighter fit across the chest and an arm opening with a more forward position. This is intentional to reduce flapping and extra fabric across the chest while riding. When standing, the vest will feel tight across the chest and torso. This piece should fit tight over your jersey (with enough room for a long sleeve and base layer), and shouldn’t appear baggy. We select fabrics that have some elasticity to allow for freedom of movement even with a tailored fit to accommodate some range of fit within each size.