Thoughtful upgrades make this new version of the PUBLIC V7 their sleekest, most city-ready to date. It's a great choice for anyone looking to upgrade to a dependable form of urban transportation on a budget.
Spec changes from the previous model include minimalist graphics, a sportier, negative-rise handlebar stem, commuter-tested, PUBLIC Brunch Handlebar and the sleeker PUBLIC Premium Bike Saddle.
Built around a classic diamond frame handcrafted of durable lightweight steel, the PUBLIC V7 city bike sports a versatile Shimano MegaRange 1x7 drivetrain with a wide range of gears designed to tackle just about any hill from San Francisco to Seattle. Puncture-resistant commuter bike tires offer our signature smooth ride over even rough city streets. Upgraded dual-pivot caliper brakes with quick release let you ride hard and stop on a dime.
Naturally, the PUBLIC V7 city bike comes standard with all their unique commuter details: full fenders and chainguard to keep your clothes sharp and dry whether you're heading to work or late for a date, new negative-rise stem lends a sportier feel, and the sleek city saddle and grips sport our new weatherproof antique brown finish. Front and rear rack mounts accommodate a range of cargo carrying options to take the load off your back.
- Frame: PUBLIC chromoly hi-tensile blend, with fender and rack braze-ons, integrated kickstand bracket
- Fork: PUBLIC hi-tensile steel unicrown fork, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Chainguard: Painted to match, steel
- Kickstand: Alloy center mount
- Saddle: Premium PUBLIC Bike Saddle, memory foam, 186mm wide, steel polished rails
- Grips: PUBLIC Comfort Grip
- Stem: Forged alloy quill stem, 25 degree rise, 25.4mm clamp
- Pedals: Alloy platform pedal, with rubber pads, 9/16" axle
- Handlebar: PUBLIC Brunch Bar, steel, 570mm wide
- Shifter: Shimano 7-speed Revoshift twist shifter
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera 7-speed
- Crank: Alloy crank set 170mm, 39 tooth chainring with outer chainring guard, square taper
- Freewheel: Shimano 14-34 tooth Mega Range freewheel
- Brakes: Cold forged alloy dual pivot caliper w/ quick release lever and barrel adjuster
- Tires: Kenda Kwest, 700x35c
- Tubes: Schrader valve
- Rims: Painted to match, alloy 32 hole, 700c, machined brake surface
- Spokes: Stainless steel 14G
- Hubs: Alloy low flange 32 hole, nutted bolt-on axle
- Weight: 32 lbs
PUBLIC BIKE SIZE RECOMMENDATIONS
A bike that fits properly is more fun to ride. The guides below offer size suggestion based on height in inches. If you have measuring tape, you may also determine your size by measuring your leg length plus one inch, which is your stand over measurement. For all bikes, we recommend at least 1 inch of space between you and the top tube of the bike.
*Please note some riders may be a little outside of these height range recommendations but prefer the feel of a larger or smaller bike. Stand over height measurement is not as important as how the bike geometry feels while it is being ridden.
|Green / Sm/Md||00814975020488||17707||38547|
|Green / Md/Lg||00814975020495||18975||38548|
|Slate Blue / Sm/Md||00814975020501||15169||38545|
|Slate Blue / Md/Lg||00814975020518||16438||38546|
|Black / Sm/Md||00814975020464||12630||38543|
|Black / Md/Lg||00814975020471||13899||38544|
|Deep Teal / Sm/Md||00814975021027||10204||45132|
|Deep Teal / Md/Lg||00814975021034||17930||45371|