Pure simplicity, thoughtful design, and classic style. The PUBLIC V1 sets the standard even higher for what a city bike can be.
Designed around a lightweight, handcrafted steel frame, the PUBLIC V1 sports a low-maintenance single-speed drivetrain, built to withstand the daily grind. Puncture-resistant commuter tires deliver our signature smooth ride, even on rough city streets, and strong dual-pivot caliper brakes let you ride hard and stop on a dime in any traffic jam. We've updated the handlebar stem to a negative rise stem for a sportier ride and created all-new reflective graphics.
And like every PUBLIC commuter bike, each new PUBLIC V1 comes outfitted with our industry-leading city package of matching full fenders and sleek chainguard to keep your jeans clean, and front and rear rack mounts so you can carry any kind of cargo.
- Frame: PUBLIC chromoly hi-tensile blend, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Fork: PUBLIC hi-tensile steel unicrown fork, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Chainguard: Painted to match, steel
- Fenders: Painted to match, steel full fenders
- Kickstand: Alloy center mount
- Saddle: PUBLIC City Seat, 198mm wide
- Grips: PUBLIC comfort grip
- Stem: Forged alloy quill stem, -13 degree rise, 25.4mm clamp
- Pedals: Alloy platform pedal, with rubber pads, 9/16" axle
- Handlebar: PUBLIC Brunch Bar, steel, 570mm wide
- Seat Post: Alloy micro-adjust with integrated clamp, 27.2mm
- Crank: Alloy crank set, 40 tooth chainring
- Freewheel: 18 tooth single speed freewheel, 1/2" x 3/32"
- Brakes: Forged alloy dual pivot caliper, with alloy 4 finger levers
- Tires: Kenda Kwest, 700x35c
- Tubes: Schrader valve
- Rims: Painted to match, alloy single wall
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Hubs: Alloy hub with bolt-on axle
- Weight: 30 lbs
A bike that fits properly is more fun to ride. The guides below offer size suggestion based on height in inches. If you have measuring tape, you may also determine your size by measuring your leg length plus one inch, which is your stand over measurement. For all bikes, we recommend at least 1 inch of space between you and the top tube of the bike.
*Please note some riders may be a little outside of these height range recommendations but prefer the feel of a larger or smaller bike. Stand over height measurement is not as important as how the bike geometry feels while it is being ridden.
Stand Over Measurements
|S / M||5'2" - 5'8"||30"|
|M / L||5'9" - 6'2"||32"|
|Black / Sm/Md||00814975020525||18961||38527|
|Black / Md/Lg||00814975020532||20228||38528|
|Sage / Md/Lg||00814975020556||15171||38530|